Yearning for an Awning? - Signs & More
In “Days of Old,” awnings were the mainstay of window dressing. Although, back then, they were not thought of as being a form of advertising or branding since printing on them had not been available. Now with modern large format printing anything is possible.
Awnings add a great look to the strip mall or stand alone shop. Many small towns have utilized the awning as a means of creating a look that is retro and gives one a fee of stepping back in time. Yet with today’s technology and, mixed with youthful imagination and a few printing tricks, we see many awnings that are quite stunning and eye catching.
Tasteful Storefront Awning - Catches your Eye
Some things to consider before budgeting for your new look.
- Local municipal ordinance. Are you allowed by your local code?
- Landlord, property owner. Will the awning fit into the owner’s designs?
- Installation. Awnings are custom fit.
- Size. Determine how large or small the awning should be. Consider what it is going over, how the size ratio looks and is there enough space to effectively show your logo/brand.
- Shape. Is there enough area on the “front” of the awning to show your message? Some awnings have flat, angled or curved fronts that show good height text, others don’t.
- Adjoining buildings. Do they have awnings? Must yours conform to theirs?
- Cost. Since all awnings are custom, expect to pay for custom work.
Awnings, when placed properly, add a beautiful look to any store front. They also provide that extra space for your logo/brand. The look can be retro or ultra modern. Helping you decide what look you prefer is where Signs & More, Inc. (770-383-8808) can change your yearning into an awning.